The practice of iterative, methodical exploration of an organization’s data, with an emphasis on statistical analysis. Business analytics is used by companies who are committed to data- driven decision making. Analysts describe, predict and inform business decisions in the areas of marketing, human resources, finance, and operations.
- Market Research Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Project Manager
- Management Analyst
- Data Scientist
- Data Architect
- Quantitative Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Digital Marketer
- Analytics Manager
- Product Analyst
Types of Employers
- Retail Banks
- Investment Banks
- Hospitals/Hospital Systems
- Insurance Companies
- Marketing Firms
- Human Resources Firms
- Consulting Firms
Preparing for your career in
- Possess critical thinking, evaluation, and deep analytical skills
- A high level of written and oral communication skills
- The proven ability to problem solve
- Ability to document using prescribed specifications
- Ability to build relationships with key stake holders
- To display Self Sufficiency
- Proficiency in Excel
- A high level of quantitative skill
- Experience with SQL, SSAS or another database/ analysis package/high level of technological skills
- Maintain a high GPA
- Seek internships that give you exposure to organizing processes, helping others clarify things and discovering solutions, quantitative and statistical analysis, and presenting information/data and making recommendations.
How do I know if its right for me?
ASSESS: Take a career assessment, such as PathwayU, to see how your interests, values, and personality fit with majors and careers.
RESEARCH: Research the careers on this WCIDWAMI and thousands of other careers using O*Net Online, The Occupational Outlook Handbook or FirstHand.
EXPLORE: Learn more about a career field of interest by job shadowing, attending a career panel, or participating in a Career Trek. Further your exploration while gaining valuable skills by completing an internship, co-op, volunteer, or research experience.