The University Career Center knows how hard our Niner Nation students work! We are hosting a career challenge to help you plan for career readiness to engage in services and events that help you prepare for your future! To show our support and encourage you to set aside time to focus on your future, we have created the Niner Career Challenge. You can register for a chance to win FREE SPRING 2022 TUITION* and other prizes (see Prize Details). Thank you to our employer partner, Flexcare Medical Staffing, for this incredible Grand Prize and Monthly Prizes!
The challenge opened on Monday, August 30, 2021 and will close on Tuesday, November 30, 2021 . A link to register will be available during the challenge time period on this page, and you can start tracking your activity in Hire-A-Niner!
You must be a UNC Charlotte undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled & registered for classes during Fall 2021*. Even students graduating in Fall 2021 are eligible for the Challenge* (See Prize Details).
Complete a number of career-related events and activities*(see Eligible Activities), to be entered to win prizes for the monthly and grand prize drawing. You can find some events and activities details at the University Career Center website or on your Hire-A-Niner account. Some events will be unique counts only (see Eligible Activities).
- Monthly Prizes (3 each month): Students participating in and completing 5 or more events and activities* during each full month (September, October, November) are entered into the monthly $50 gift card drawing. Earn extra drawing entries by participating in even more events and activities* (e.g., 5 Events/Activities = 1 Monthly Challenge Entry, 10 Events/Activities = 2 Entries, 15 Events/Activities = 3 Entries, etc.).
- Grand Prize (1 prize): Students participating in 10 or more events and activities* by 11:59 pm (EST) on Tuesday, November 30, are entered into the grand prize drawing to win free tuition* for Spring 20222 (see guidelines under Prize Details, Eligibility, and Additional Information). Earn extra raffle entries by participating in even more events and activities* (e.g., 10 Events/Activities = 1 Challenge Raffle Entry, 20 Events/Activities = 2 Entries, 30 Events/Activities = 3 Entries).
- All winners will be emailed and announced the week of December 13th-17th, 2021 on social media. Be sure to follow the University Career Center on Twitter and Instagram for our announcements!
- Register at career.charlotte.edu/challenge. Students must register for the Niner Career Challenge in order to be eligible for prizes.
- Get started by attending our career events and utilizing our resources and can find various events on the landing page at the Niner Career Challenge and registering for some events through Hire-A-Niner
- If you are attending a virtual event, make sure you register for the event, if applicable. You MUST attend the entire virtual event to earn credit for the activity. You may receive a short survey for certain virtual events as proof of attendance. The survey must be completed by the end of the week in which the event was hosted
- The event and activities* tracking data will be gathered weekly and upload into your electronic scorecard on this website. You will be able to look at the events and activities you have completed, and earned entries, to track your challenge results. Some activities may take longer to upload, but all activities will be uploaded before the random monthly prize drawings and grand prize drawing in December.
Contact our office at email@example.com if you have specific questions not answered in the Prize Details, Eligibility, and Additional Information sections. The University Career Center is not responsible for students completing certain requirements to earn tracking credit towards the challenge events and activities. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe emails list to prevent any problems during the notification process
- Grand Prize-Free Spring 2022 Tuition (1 prize awarded): For the purposes of the challenge, a tuition and university administrative fee's payment will equal no more than the equivalent of one semester of full-time undergraduate in-state tuition and fee's (maximum value of $3,500.00) as calculated for Fall 2021-Spring 2022 guides. For students registered for less than 12 credit hours, the payment will be prorated based on the enrolled credit hours for the Undergraduate and Graduate Tuition and Fee's Fall 2021-Spring 2022 guides. Payment includes student tuition and fees associated with attendance and enrollment at UNC Charlotte. The prize does not cover housing, meal plans, parking, computers, books, or other charges. . If the winner is a Fall 2021 graduate, the funds will be applied to your student account for a refund.
- Monthly Prizes: $50 Gift Card (3 prizes awarded per month of challenge run dates). The monthly event and activity tracking is not carried over from month-to-month for Monthly Prizes*. A student must complete a minimum of 5 events and activities*, each full month, in order to qualify for the monthly drawing (Date runs: Aug 30-Sept 31, Oct 1-Oct 31, Nov 1-Nov 30)
- To qualify for any of the prizes, a student MUST be registered for the Niner Career Challenge, and only activity from the time of registration will count towards the challenge prizes.
- To qualify, a student must be a currently enrolled and registered UNC Charlotte Undergraduate or Graduate student. You must be able to produce a valid UNC Charlotte ID number. The challenge is not open to students in dually enrolled college programs (49erNext or Passport Programs).
- To qualify, student must complete the entire semester. If the student withdraws, unenrolls, or is asked to leave the university for any type of Code of Conduct violation, the students challenge activity will be null and void. See additional details under Claiming Prizes and Requirements.
- A student's participation in the challenge will earn you entry into a Grand Prize drawing if you complete any ten Niner Career Challenge event and activity* requirements from Monday, August 30, 2021-close of business on Tuesday, November 30, 2021. The announcement of the Niner Career Challenge winners will be made in October, November and December for monthly prizes, and the week of December 13th-17th, 2021 on social media.
- Entries must be the direct work and participation of each individual student registered for the challenge. Any falsification will result in the student losing event and activity credit for the specific event. Further falsification will result in the student being withdrawn from the challenge.
- International and out-of-state students may enter the challenge. If an international or out-of-state student is selected as a Grand Prize winner, they will receive a tuition payment equivalent to the in-state tuition rate and fees listed above, Grand Prize*, (maximum value of $3,500.00), and will be responsible for paying the balance of their tuition and fees cost.
- University Career Center is not responsible for any failure to complete the process and procure an event/activity track, even after you have completed the activity. Only after achieving and activating the required number of event/activity tracks will a contestant be entered into the monthly random drawings, and grand prize random drawing.
- University Career Center reserves the right to, at its discretion, reschedule the challenge, entry, and/or end dates, modify the entry procedures, cancel the challenge, or cancel the awarding of the prize for any reason (See full disclaimer under Niner Career Challenge Disclaimer)
Events and Activities are internal events, activities, programs and services hosted and tracked through the University Career Center. You can only count 1 "unique" activity per month as part of the prize tracking (e.g.-1 resume critique, 1 drop-in service type, etc.). See full list of events and activities, including unique activities.
- Career Center Drop-In Services: In-Person or Virtual (1 unique activity per month from available services)
- Assessment/PathwayU: Complete the assessment and set-up a meeting with a Career Coach
- Career Coaching: In-Person and Virtual Appointments with a variety of appointment types (1 unique appointment type per month)
- Career Meet Up: Virtual and In-Person sessions available. In-person events may have a limit capacity and require registration (Participate in multiple Meet-Ups, but 1 unique activity title for challenge timeframe i.e.-can't attend same session title during challenge)
- Career Trek: In-person and Virtual events (Registration and participation required; certain qualifications may apply)
- Mock Interview: Participate in Big Interview, 1:1 Career Coach Mock Interview, or Employer Mock Interview (Complete assignment for Big Interview if participating outside a class assignment; 1 unique activity per month for Big Interview & Career Coach Mock Interview)
- Career Panels: Directly hosted by the University Career Center
- Employer Information Sessions: Directly hosted by the University Career Center
- Career Fairs: In-Person or Virtual Fairs
- Networking Events: Directly hosted by the University Career Center
- The winner must come to The University Career Center, 9201 University City Blvd., 150 Atkins, Charlotte NC, 28223* to pick up and sign for their prize. Winners must present their UNC Charlotte Student ID Card. Monthly prize winners must claim their prize within 10 days of receiving notification of winning. The Grand Prize winner must claim their prize by January 14, 2022; if not claimed by that time, the winner forfeits the prize. *This location could change due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The winner must be willing to have their picture taken and provide a brief profile summary of themselves for future marketing of the program.
- By participating in the challenge, contestants agree to release the use of their name, photo, image, and likeness to the University Career Center for use in future advertising, publicity, and media now or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission. Winners must be available and willing to be featured on social media and other marketing avenues.
- If the winning student is graduating at the end of the Fall 2021 semester, and the account is already paid, then the prize will be applied to the students account in which the student would receive a refund of the maximum prize value of $3,500.00 based on enrollment type (Part-Time or Full-Time student). See Prize Details, Eligibility, and and Additional Information for full details. It will be the student's responsibility to provide the refund options on their student portal account. The refund would be processed by Enrollment Management or Niner Central.
- If the winning student is not a graduating student, the student must be registered and complete the entire semester for Spring 2022. If the student changes enrollment status, withdraws, unrolls, or is asked to leave the university for any type of Code of Conduct violation, the students Grand Prize will be null and void and the funds must be reimbursed to UNC Charlotte within 30 days of enrollment.
The University Career Center reserves the right to, at its discretion, reschedule the challenge, entry, and/or end dates, modify the entry procedures, cancel the challenge, or cancel the awarding of the prize for any reason. The participation and earned activity tracking, for events and activities part of the Niner Career Challenge, is the responsibility of the student participating in the challenge. It is the student's responsibility to register for the Niner Career Challenge, and only activity after registering for the challenge will count towards the student's tracking and entry for contest prizes. The activities and events are for internal programs directly hosted by the University Career Center. The University Career Center is not responsible for loss of internet service or connections to complete virtual events and activities that count towards the challenge. When a student registers for the Niner Career Challenge, the student agrees to the details listed within the challenge.